Chinese Herbs and Safety


There has been a lot of publicity in the media regarding the safety of products imported from China as well as food and herb safety here in the United States.  I commonly prescribe Chinese Herbal Formulas and recommend supplements that I feel are beneficial for my clients.  Since it is not uncommon for my clients to express concern about product safety,  I am including the links to the herb manufacturers I use so you can look at each companies safety standards.  In each case you will find that they test above and beyond what is expected by the FDA and California State standards.  It is important to take the herbs as instructed by your acupuncturist because each formula is prescribed to address your specific health condition at the time you came in.  As an example; I may prescribe a particular formula for a few days to reduce inflammation, after a few days I may switch it to something that will help nourish and strengthen the muscles of the back or reduce bone spurs to prevent future flare-ups.  The patient would stop taking the initial formula because it is no longer appropriate for their current health condition.

Mayway & Plum Flower Herbs
Evergreen
Metagenics






Comments

Popular Posts